The Perfect Breakfast
You’ve probably got a busy schedule in the mornings:
– Getting the kids dressed
– Letting the dog out
– Staying on schedule so you’re not late for work…
Finding the time for a healthy breakfast isn’t always a possibility but we’re starting a new year in a few short weeks and it’s the right time to MAKE TIME.
The first meal of the day is what breaks your fast from the night before.
A well planned meal can keep you fueled and full until lunch.
Planning a meal that keeps you feeling satiated and satisfied will cut down on unnecessary snacking (without the need for a lot of will power) which will:
- Have you spending less money on pricey snacks
- Keep you eating natural whole foods (not processed packaged garbage)
- Save you the time you’d spend looking for snacks, prepping them, cleaning up etc
Let’s look at the 4 keys to a healthy breakfast:
LOW GLYCEMIC CARBS
Best sources of protein:
Eggs, Nuts, Seeds, Chicken, Fish
LEFTOVER DINNER!! (Yes, Dinner for breakfast)
Best sources of healthy fats:
Coconut Oil, Nutbutters, Seeds (chia hemp), Avocado
Best sources of fibre:
Berries, Flax Seeds
Best sources of low-glycemic carbohydrates:
(foods that keep your blood sugar levels from getting too high)
Berries, Crunchy Green Vegitables
Breakfast ideas to get your metabolism going and set into HIGH GEAR for your morning:
- Smoothie: Nuts, Seeds, Non-Dairy Milk
- Omega-3 Eggs sauteed with dark leafy greens
- Hard boiled egg (prepped the night before) with apple and nut butter
- Black beans with brown rice
- Last nights dinner like Miso Soup with roast chicken
What NOT to eat?
Breakfast cereals are (usually) 75% sugar and refined carbs
This is less like breakfast and more like dessert.