With the snow we’ve had this week, it’s time to get excited for the winter season! As we all know winter is the time to stay indoors, snuggle up under the blankets and of course eat lots of delicious food – right? Well yes, but how about adding some fun winter fitness options to spruce up your holiday!
Here at the Live Well Centre, we’ve come up with 5 easy winter activities that you can do with friends and family to stay fit.
1. Not a snow bunny? Kingston has lots of indoor sporting options! Everything from soccer to bowling – indoor sports allow you to enjoy the warmth you love and the activity your body needs.
2. Bending, squatting, running and going up and down stairs. Sounds like a workout doesn’t it? What would you say if we told you, that you do all of these exercises while cleaning your home! Talk about killing two birds with one stone!
3. Embrace the holiday music! This time of year we get tonnes of energetic music that get us moving. Try making a holiday playlist to pump up your workout routine and add some holiday flare!
4. Try something new FOR FREE. With fun and instructional videos right at your fingertips why not take a chance? YouTube is an amazing tool to try a number of different activities from professionals around the world. Who knows maybe you’ll fall in love and start taking an organized class.
5. Finally and what we feel like is the most obvious is go out and PLAY! We all take the snow we get for granted, but we can use snow to stay fit. You can ski, snowboard, build a snowman, have a snowball fight, snowshoe or build a fort – anything that will get you moving.
We only get this beautiful, fluffy, workout tool for a few months a year so take advantage of it! Both indoors and outdoors there is something for everyone to stay healthy while the snow flies.
What do you do to keep up your fitness in the winter? We would love to hear your innovative idea on how to get your blood pumping!